Oxygen therapy provides you with extra oxygen that your body needs to work well. Normally the lungs absorb oxygen from the air. However, some conditions or diseases prevent you from getting the right amount of oxygen. Oxygen therapy may allow you to function at an improved level and be more active. It’s supplied in a metal cylinder or other container and flows through a tube and is delivered to your lungs in one of the following ways:
- Nasal Cannula consisting of two tiny plastic tubes, or prongs, that are placed in both nostrils.
- Face Mask, which fits over the nose and mouth.
- Small tube inserted into the windpipe through the front of the neck. Your doctor will use a needle or small incision to place the tube. Oxygen delivered in this manner is called “transtracheal oxygen therapy”.
Why choose PHM?
- Respiratory Therapists on Staff 24/7
- Friendly & professional customer service
- Outcome driven, quality healthcare
- Reduce the need for hospital readmission
- Hospital-quality equipment in the comfort of your own home